Monday, February 7, 2011

How to Create Mesmerizing Eyes in this Season's Hottest Color


Makeup Tutorial
The Look: Purple Haze




For this look I wanted to display a simple version of the colored Smokey eye. This look is very wearable and you can play it up or tone it down as you see fit.  Here’s what I did:

Step 1:  Be sure to prime your lids first in order to get the most color saturation possible.  Place the primer anywhere you plan on applying eye shadow. I used the Eye/Lip Primer. Be sure to avoid applying foundation until you are done so you won’t have a smeared mess in the middle of your look.





Step 2: Use either a black shadow or some sort of dark shadow as a base and apply up to the crease.  Be careful not to go to high. I used: Pressed eye shadow:” Jetliner”




Step 3: Next, apply your loose purple eye shadow to the crease and stop right under the brow bone. Be sure to pat the color on to avoid “fallout”. I used: loose eye shadow in “Purplexed”.



Step 4: At the brow bone, apply a bone colored shimmer pressed powder and blend that color with the purple color. When I apply different colors, I used different brushes so my colors don’t look muddy. I used: Pressed eye shadow:”Canary”




Step 5: In the inner corner of the eye I applied a loose shadow in a lighter purple and continued the color on about a fourth of my waterline. I used loose eye shadow: “Purple Pink”



Step 6: I applied Black liquid liner to the top of my lash line (lid) and Black pencil to my lower lid (water line) and applied black mascara. I darkened the lower line with the shadow I used in step 2

Step 7: Fill in your brows and add false lashes (if you want). Get rid of any eye shadow fallout and apply your foundation, blush and lipgloss/Lipstick. I used: Foundation “Powder in C9”; Blush: “Hot N Spicy”; Lips: Gloss in “Pin-Up”




 

·        All products used are from Essence Beauty Cosmetics. www.essencebc.com

No comments: